[Modeling-users] Studying the possibility to package .rpm & .deb
Sebastien Bigaret
2003-11-16 16:31:16 UTC

I'd like to offer various useful dist. packages for the framework;
that's why I've added the win32.exe installer. Now, studying new
possibilities:

1. I've put the result of py-distutils 'bdist_rpm' at:
http://modeling.sf.net/download/ModelingCore-0.9pre16-1.noarch.rpm
http://modeling.sf.net/download/ModelingCore-0.9pre16-1.src.rpm

If someone can confirm that one of these two or both are useful and
working, I'll add them to the files distributed when a release is
made.

2. I tried to use the debian/ directory that Guenther Starnberger
offered at the beginning of september, but w/ no success. If someone
has experiences on building .deb before I check the documentation for
'debian common build system' that would help a lot.

As far as .deb and .rpm package are concerned, I'll probably not spend
a lot of time on them unless this appears to be useful and I get
feedback; I'm also looking for someone to maintain them and their
configuration files, so if you feel like it, drop me a mail!

-- Sébastien.