[Modeling-users] Tutorial or example programs
Dennis Kertis
2004-08-09 13:59:07 UTC
Hello,

I am trying to get started with Modeling and have
reviewed the users guide, but I do not see a complete
example application.

Rather than try to piece different sections of the
users guide together, It would be easier to start with
an application that works "out of the box" I can
modify to suit my needs.

thanks,
Dennis

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
Sebastien Bigaret
2004-08-09 14:14:00 UTC
Post by Dennis Kertis
Hello,
I am trying to get started with Modeling and have
reviewed the users guide, but I do not see a complete
example application.
Rather than try to piece different sections of the
users guide together, It would be easier to start with
an application that works "out of the box" I can
modify to suit my needs.
Sorry Dennis, I'm afraid I've no such example at hand. I know we need a
little demo app., probably along with a real tutorial, but it's not been
made yet.

Maybe someone on the list already have a sample little app. just for
demonstration?

-- Sébastien.
Mario Ruggier
2004-08-09 16:21:02 UTC
Post by Sebastien Bigaret
Post by Dennis Kertis
Hello,
I am trying to get started with Modeling and have
reviewed the users guide, but I do not see a complete
example application.
Rather than try to piece different sections of the
users guide together, It would be easier to start with
an application that works "out of the box" I can
modify to suit my needs.
Sorry Dennis, I'm afraid I've no such example at hand. I know we need a
little demo app., probably along with a real tutorial, but it's not been
made yet.
Maybe someone on the list already have a sample little app. just for
demonstration?
-- Sébastien.
Ya, a nice complete example would be... quite nice ;) As also would be
a tutorial...
Dennis, the quick example I assume you have seen? It is the core of any
modeling based app, and a more evolved app will necessarily introduce
all sorts of other issues that are in principle independent of
modeling, such as web/appservers (and which one to use for such an
example?), gui or command line interface issues, and so on. This is in
principle... as clearly each of these imposes some definite
constraints, such as the EC and sessions ongoing discussion.

mario