[Modeling-users] Modeling on Windows with Zope
Vladimir
2003-10-25 10:58:20 UTC
Hi to everyone!
I'm new to Modeling so I'll need lot of help....
I was looking for a tool in Zope envirenment, which should be able to
use complex queries on two or more tables in a database. Modeling seems
interesting and so I decided to try it.
Sebastien helped me to install it on windows:

http://modeling.sourceforge.net/download/ModelingCore-0.9-pre-15.win32.exe
http://modeling.sourceforge.net/download/NotificationFramework-0.6.win32.exe

But now I have this problem: How to make it working in Zope environment?
Unfortunately the Modeling installation wizard can not find the Zope's
python installation and by default installs it in other python
installation directory.

Best regards,

Vladimir
Sebastien Bigaret
2003-10-27 10:55:03 UTC
Hi Vladimir,
Post by Vladimir
Hi to everyone!
I'm new to Modeling so I'll need lot of help....
I was looking for a tool in Zope envirenment, which should be able to use
complex queries on two or more tables in a database. Modeling seems
interesting and so I decided to try it.
http://modeling.sourceforge.net/download/ModelingCore-0.9-pre-15.win32.exe
http://modeling.sourceforge.net/download/NotificationFramework-0.6.win32.exe
But now I have this problem: How to make it working in Zope environment?
Unfortunately the Modeling installation wizard can not find the Zope's
python installation and by default installs it in other python installation
directory.
For the MDL-core, you should copy the
lib/python2.1/site-packages/Modeling into your Zope installation, in
lib/python2.1/site-packages/ also.

For the tools, such as the ZModelizationTool, download and untar the
archive, and move the directories ZModelizationTool/ and
ZEditingContextSessioning/ into Zope's Products directory
(lib/python/Products/).

In case this does not work, it would help a lot if you could send the
error messages written by Zope.

Now, could you elaborate on what you intend to do w/ Zope & the MDL?
For the moment being, the ZModeler and the ZEditingContextSessioning are
the only products available for Zope. This means in particular that you
won't get a running product out-of-the-box to query your database, based
on the model ; you'll need to design your own products for that. We
can discuss this if you want to.

-- Sébastien.
Vladimir
2003-10-27 15:53:21 UTC
OK, I'm again here.
Sebastien helped me to install prodacts "ZModelizationTool" and
"ZEditingContextSessioning" but products "ZModelManager" and
"ZClassDescriptionManager" still remain broken. About those broken
products I've got these error messages from Zope server:

Import Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\OFS\Application.py", line 522, in import_product
product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\Products\ZModelManager\__init__.py", line 33, in ?
import ZModelManager
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\Products\ZModelManager\ZModelManager.py", line 43, in ?
from Interface import verify_class_implementation
ImportError: cannot import name verify_class_implementation

Import Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\OFS\Application.py", line 522, in import_product
product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\Products\ZClassDescriptionManager\__init__.py", line 29, in ?
import ZClassDescriptionManager
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\Products\ZClassDescriptionManager\ZClassDescriptionManager.py", line 42, in ?
from Interface import verify_class_implementation
ImportError: cannot import name verify_class_implementation

So, if somebody knows how to solve this problem....

Regards,
Vladimir
Post by Sebastien Bigaret
Vladimir,
if you do not mind, I'd prefer if you could mail directly to the mailing-list
instead of
privately to me, so that others having the same kind of problems in the
future can find some hints in the archives. Thanks!
BTW: the short answer is: you need egenix mxDateTime.
See the Installation guide at http://modeling.sourceforge.net/ for its url.
Hope this helps,
-- Sébastien.
Hi, Sebastien,
I've tried again and the product ZEditingContextSessioning is now
installed OK. But other products (ZModelizationTool, ZModelManager and
ZClassDescriptionManager) remain broken. I've got this error message
Import Traceback
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\OFS\Application.py", line 522, in
import_product
product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\Products\ZModelizationTool\__init__.py",
line 28, in ?
import ZModelizationTool
File
"C:\Zope262\lib\python\Products\ZModelizationTool\ZModelizationTool.py",
line 40, in ?
from Modeling.Entity import Entity
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\Modeling\Entity.py", line 37, in ?
from Attribute import Attribute
File "C:\Zope262\lib\python\Modeling\Attribute.py", line 58, in ?
from mx.DateTime import DateTime, DateFrom
ImportError: No module named mx.DateTime
Is it something wrong with the Zope version? I have Zope-2.6.2
Regards,
Vladimir
Post by Sebastien Bigaret
Hi Vladimir,
-- Sébastien.
Sebastien Bigaret
2003-10-28 04:44:14 UTC
Post by Vladimir
OK, I'm again here.
Sebastien helped me to install prodacts "ZModelizationTool" and
"ZEditingContextSessioning" but products "ZModelManager" and
"ZClassDescriptionManager" still remain broken. About those broken products
[snip]

Oh well, you can safely forget about those two products.

To quote the README shipped with the ZModeling tarball:

<< The two other products, ZModelManager and ZClassDescriptionManager are for
debugging purposes only and should probably not be used unless you're
debugging the framework itself. Note that it is possible that they are
out-of-sync with the current version of the framework. >>

I'm afraid this is actually the case: those two products are now out of
sync. w/ the current core ; the fact is that I've not used them for a
while, and they probably shouldn't be shipped anymore in the tarball.

Sorry for the time lost on that, my fault, I'll probably remove them.

-- Sébastien.