[Modeling-users] model for tests
John Lenton
2004-10-07 14:13:58 UTC
to test one of the patches I'd need a model to have a relation to an
entity that has subclasses; although StoreEmployee has such a relation
(Holidays <<-> Employee), it doesn't define the toOne side of that
relation, and I notice that is used to test exactly that feature.
Should I create a new model that has these properties, or do I add a,
say, 'Salary' class?
--
John Lenton (***@gmail.com) -- Random fortune:
bash: fortune: command not found
Sebastien Bigaret
2004-10-08 07:05:29 UTC
Post by John Lenton
to test one of the patches I'd need a model to have a relation to an
entity that has subclasses; although StoreEmployee has such a relation
(Holidays <<-> Employee), it doesn't define the toOne side of that
relation, and I notice that is used to test exactly that feature.
Should I create a new model that has these properties, or do I add a,
say, 'Salary' class?
Yes, go for it and modify the model. Maybe a BankAccount class could
make more sense? Okay, anyway that's a test model, so the semantics is
not that important :)

-- Sébastien.
John Lenton
2004-10-08 09:42:45 UTC
On 08 Oct 2004 10:58:04 +0200, Sebastien Bigaret
Post by Sebastien Bigaret
Post by John Lenton
to test one of the patches I'd need a model to have a relation to an
entity that has subclasses; although StoreEmployee has such a relation
(Holidays <<-> Employee), it doesn't define the toOne side of that
relation, and I notice that is used to test exactly that feature.
Should I create a new model that has these properties, or do I add a,
say, 'Salary' class?
Yes, go for it and modify the model. Maybe a BankAccount class could
make more sense? Okay, anyway that's a test model, so the semantics is
not that important :)
last night I uploaded a patch that called it 'Salary', but I'll rename
it to 'BankAccount' in a while.
John Lenton
2004-10-08 09:45:22 UTC
Post by Sebastien Bigaret
Post by John Lenton
to test one of the patches I'd need a model to have a relation to an
entity that has subclasses; although StoreEmployee has such a relation
(Holidays <<-> Employee), it doesn't define the toOne side of that
relation, and I notice that is used to test exactly that feature.
Should I create a new model that has these properties, or do I add a,
say, 'Salary' class?
Yes, go for it and modify the model. Maybe a BankAccount class could
make more sense? Okay, anyway that's a test model, so the semantics is
not that important :)
last night I uploaded a patch that called it 'Salary', but I'll rename
it to 'BankAccount' in a while.
I forgot to say this: I uploaded a patch because I already had it
ready, and although I have time to create these patches, I don't have
a lot of time, so sometimes I get impatient and don't wait as much as
I should for the answers, and go with what I think best at the time; I
can always revisit the decision later, but this way I can move ahead
(still got a ways to go).