[Modeling-users] using Modeling with McMillan's installer
John Lenton
2004-02-05 22:10:11 UTC
Hi all.

I've tried (briefly) to freeze (using McMillan's installer,
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html) a small test program that
uses Modeling, and it dies:

$ ./search-test/search-test
/tmp/tests/modeling/Sample/__init__.py:12: UserWarning: Couldn't load model Sample
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 36, in ?
File "search-test/buildsearch-test/out1.pyz/Modeling.EditingContext", line 1419, in fetch
File "search-test/buildsearch-test/out1.pyz/Modeling.EditingContext", line 1302, in objectsWithFetchSpecification
File "search-test/buildsearch-test/out1.pyz/Modeling.ObjectStoreCoordinator", line 429, in objectsWithFetchSpecification
File "search-test/buildsearch-test/out1.pyz/Modeling.ObjectStoreCoordinator", line 250, in objectStoreForFetchSpecification
File "search-test/buildsearch-test/out1.pyz/NotificationFramework.NotificationCenter", line 437, in postNotification
File "search-test/buildsearch-test/out1.pyz/Modeling.DatabaseContext", line 250, in handleNotification
RuntimeError: Unable to find a model for entity: Person

I'm guessing I have to include something else inside the frozen file
to get it to work; what could that be? I've tried importing
Sample.model_Sample.py, but that's not it...
--
John Lenton (***@vialibre.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
Ande yo caliente y ríase la gente.
-- Luis de Argote y Góngora. (1561-1627) Poeta español.
Sebastien Bigaret
2004-02-06 12:03:14 UTC
Hi John,
Post by John Lenton
Hi all.
I've tried (briefly) to freeze (using McMillan's installer,
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html) a small test program that
$ ./search-test/search-test
/tmp/tests/modeling/Sample/__init__.py:12: UserWarning: Couldn't load model Sample
File "<string>", line 36, in ?
File "search-test/buildsearch-test/out1.pyz/Modeling.EditingContext", line 1419, in fetch
[...]
Post by John Lenton
File "search-test/buildsearch-test/out1.pyz/Modeling.DatabaseContext", line 250, in handleNotification
RuntimeError: Unable to find a model for entity: Person
I'm guessing I have to include something else inside the frozen file
to get it to work; what could that be? I've tried importing
Sample.model_Sample.py, but that's not it...
The problem here is that, even if the Sample package is imported, it
failed to initialize the model (cf. the UserWarning: Couldn't load model
Sample). The __init__ should say something like:

model=Model.searchModel("Sample", mydir, verbose=0)

Could you change 'verbose=0' to 'verbose=1', re-freeze the sample
app. and report back the result? It should give us some hints on why
the model cannot be loaded when the app. is freezed.

In the meantime, I'll try to have a look at McMillan's freeze func :)

-- Sébastien.